POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Slice in a Sphere : Re: Slice in a Sphere Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slice in a Sphere
From: NEWS
Date: 6 Sep 2006 08:02:25
Message: <44feb8d1@news.povray.org>
there some different maner:
The first one:

sphere {0*y,350  clipped_by { box {<500,-2,500>,<-500,2,-500>  //the
lice  }   }
This will show a slice of your sphere by neglecting side slide (will show
only part of the sphere that is inside the slice)

the second is a CSG intersection
intersection {
        sphere {0*y,350}
        box {<500,-2,500>,<-500,2,-500>  //the slice  }
}

This wil shopw you the 2 side surface you create by CSG ..(will show to
surface circle}